Airport Safety Guidance for Travelling during Covid-19
Monday, April 5th, 2021
Safety advice for travellers to and from Alicante Airport during the Covid-19 pandemic
Alicante Airport during the Covid-19 – Help us to protect you – your diligence when travelling will assist us in keeping you safe.
Before setting off for Alicante Airport
- If you have any symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, DO NOT go to the airport.
- Print off or download your boarding pass and check-in online.
- Your airline will provide a health form for you to complete.
- Remember to bring your face masks and disinfectant gel for your journey. You must replace your face mask every 4 hours.
Arriving at Alicante Airport
- Passengers only are allowed into the airport terminal (with the exception of those assisting passengers with reduced mobility or unaccompanied minors).
- Ensure you have plenty of time to check-in and pass through the departures security areas with any new procedures in place.
- If possible, it is recommended to not carry hand luggage.
- Only use a water bottle or container at the airports water fountains.
- Remember to maintain the physical safety distance of 1.5 metres, wear your mask, and be aware that you may be denied boarding if you do not follow these rules.
- Minimise contact with surfaces at the airport.
On the plane
- Frequently wash your hands using your hand sanitizer. Cough on the inside of your elbow and always wear your face mask. Remember it must be changed every 4 hours.
- If you begin to experience symptoms during your flight, notify the cabin staff promptly.
- Limit unnecessary movement within the cabin.
- Reduce the use of individual overhead air supply vents/nozzles as much as possible.
Arriving at your destination airport
- Whilst waiting to collect your luggage keep the safety distance of 1.5 metres. Rather than standing together in a group at the carousel, collect the baggage individually.
- Hand in your Passenger Location Card provided by your airline.
- You will be required to pass a temperature control check upon your arrival.
- If you have arranged to be collected from the airport by friends or family, remember that they must wait for you outside the airport.
- If you plan to hire a car from Alicante airport check their safety requirements prior to collection.
Rules to be followed at all times
- Wear your face mask.
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 meters.
- Wash your hands at regular intervals for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or, when not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer solutions.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or into your flexed elbow when sneezing or coughing.
- For your own protection, please ensure that you minimise contact with any surface whilst on the plane, at the airport, or on public transport such as buses or taxis.